Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home.

Being kids/teens/young adults who are still stuck at home, I think most of us cannot wait to go out and handle the world on your own! Independence means having the power to do your things your way when you want and how you want. As a student myself, I could not wait to go out and live on my own. Even if it was just to rent a room or something and live out of home. Well, you have to admit that it is nice to be able to do anything you want without your parents watching and all that. You cannot wait to have all 3 meals with your friends. You would love to go out all the time without your mum telling to stay at home. You would love to spend your money without your parents telling you it isn't worth it.

But hey, after that you would tell me you miss your bed. You miss your bear. You miss your room. You miss your parents. You especially miss your mum's cooking! Going out to live on your own is nice and all but having to take care of your own meals, wash your own laundry and practically doing everything on your own. At home, even if you wash your own clothes, at least you have everything there. If you just fancy some snacks, you can just whip out a quick meal from the ingredients in your mum's fridge. You don't have to worry about the bills too!

I know that there will come a time when we eventually have to live on our own. But for me, I'd like to stay at home as long as possible until I have no choice but to leave. Well, if you think I want to live at home because I cannot live on my own then you are wrong! I can survive given the situation. But, home is where the heart is. =]

Peace out!

6 comments:

Buddhabong said...

A very nice read :) Your voice shines through in your writing.

Sabine Ong said...

Thank you! =]

Sarah, M said...

I'm new to blogspot but stumbled accross Your blog.
I get exactly what your trying to say. I have had 2 differant apartments and i've broke my lease to come home both times. its very comfortable in the "nest" are parents create for us. but i know i will have to leave eventually. lol
Great blog btw.

Sabine Ong said...

Hey Sarah! Yes, there's no place like home. Thanks! =D

Joon517 said...

Sabbeh~! Couldn't agree more about the post... XD

did i told u yesterday? the more i look at the recipe book in Kinokuniya, the more I miss the kitchen in my home! T_____T

Sabine Ong said...

Hey Joon517. Thank you....inspired from my conversation with you. Haha!

No you didn't tell me, but I saw it on Facebook. ;D